Saturday, June 9, 2007

119 days and counting

119 days more to go till I step on Singapore soil!! Last time I was there was Dec/Jan 2001. Gosh, I miss Everything there! Friends here who have made the trip home kept telling me abt the heat (like I don't know, eh?) One even got lost in Taka coming out from the MRT! Have Singapore changed so much during our absence or have WE changed?? Guess I'll find that out soon, eh?

In the meantime, I've done a little bit of shopping for family back home. I'm really looking forward to finally meeting my niece, (she's only 4 days apart from Baby!) and my grand-nephew & the latest addition, my grand-niece who'll be 6 mths when I see her. Everybody is anxious how it will be when all 5 kids (all under 5!) will react when they meet. I'll know my kids will ever be so shy & hide behind me. It'll be awhile for them to warm up to the rest. But once they do, I'd better keep those earplugs handy!

I hope I have the time to bring them all over Singapore. I wanna take them shopping at Geylang for Hari Raya shopping, Orchard Road just to chill & have coffee with my frens and introduce them to ice-cream potong & ice-cream roti! (Do they still have that along Orchard Road?)

I'm sure they'll enjoy the double-decker bus ride and the view from Mak Su's 13th storey! I just hope they can take the heat. Papa has already reminded me to pack lots of tanks & shorts for them!

No comments: