Saturday, June 16, 2007

Let kids be kids

Couple of things was happening at Whalley early today, despite the slight showers we had - Community Festival by the library and Pinoy Festival in the mall 1 block ahead.

Before that,we were at few yard sales in the neighbourhood. Got a tripod for my digicam for a tonnie while Papa Labu paid 50cts for his bunny/hamster water bottle! We even got a box of freebie! They were almost done up for the day & don't want to haul anything back in the house. Among the things in the box, I found a handfan (the kind where geisha uses in her dance) and a seahorse shape watergun. Needless to say, the fan broke within 30mins of showing Abang how to fan & him sharing it with Baby! The watergun remains in the backyard, where they can have fun squirting later.

Back to the happenings in Whalley, watched a bit of the Kid's Talent show at the Pinoy Festival. A little girl abt 8 or 9 yrs old was singing some lovestruck song?! The audience (or maybe family members/friends) clapped when she hit the high notes. Maybe it just me, but I cringe everytime I see or hear little girl sings 'I want you baby, I need you'. The same thing too while we were watching America Got Talent audition few days ago, where another younger girl strain her vocals 'tell him I'm gonna stay' or wateva the song was. Why can't these girls sing a nice simple song like a Rainbow connection or My Favourite Things?

We did not stay long enuff at the mall to see who won the Talent show but as we were leaving, we saw another little girl in a wedding dress!!?? running after her mom. Maybe Fancy Dress Contest right after the Talent Show. Good luck girls!!

Word to my little girl - Don't grow up so fast, k?

No comments: